IntroducedMar 08, 2021
Passed HouseMar 17, 2021
Passed SenateJul 20, 2021
Signed into LawJul 22, 2021
VOCA Fix to Sustain the Crime Victims Fund Act of 2021
executive • Jul 22, 2021: Became Public Law No: 117-27.
Latest bill text
Official Summary/Bill Text
Do you support this bill?
- Jerrold Nadlerprimary
(D - Representative for District 10 in NY)
- Brian K. Fitzpatrickoriginal cosponsor
(R - Representative for District 1 in PA)
- Sheila Jackson Leeoriginal cosponsor
(D - Representative for District 18 in TX)
- Kuster, Ann M.
- Del. Sablan, Gregorio Kilili Camacho
- Del. San Nicolas, Michael F. Q.
- Resident Commissioner Gonzalez-Colon, Jenniffer
- Jul 22, 2021 | executive
- Signed by President.
- Became Public Law No: 117-27.
- Jul 21, 2021 | House
- Presented to President.
- Jul 21, 2021 | Senate
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
- Jul 20, 2021 | Senate
- Measure laid before Senate by unanimous consent. (consideration: CR S4962-4965, S4967-4974)
- S.Amdt.2121 Amendment SA 2121 proposed by Senator Durbin for Senator Toomey. (consideration: CR S4962-4965, S4967-4974; text: CR S4962) To ensure adequate funding in the Crime Victims Fund is disbursed to victims, their families, and their advocates each year.
- S.Amdt.2121 Amendment SA 2121, as modified, not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 40 - 60. Record Vote Number: 271.
- Passed Senate, under the order of 7/14/21, having achieved 60 votes in the affirmative, without amendment by Yea-Nay Vote. 100 - 0. Record Vote Number: 272.
- Mar 18, 2021 | Senate
- Received in the Senate, read twice.
- Mar 17, 2021 | House
- Considered as unfinished business. (consideration: CR H1481-1482)
- On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 384 - 38 (Roll no. 89). (text: 3/16/2021 CR H1390-1391)
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- Mar 16, 2021 | House
- Mr. Nadler moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended.
- Considered under suspension of the rules. (consideration: CR H1390-1393)
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate on H.R. 1652.
- At the conclusion of debate, the Yeas and Nays were demanded and ordered. Pursuant to the provisions of clause 8, rule XX, the Chair announced that further proceedings on the motion would be postponed.
- Mar 08, 2021 | House
- Introduced in House
- Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
- Introduced in House (03/08/2021)HTML
- Introduced in House (03/08/2021)PDF
- Engrossed in House (03/17/2021)HTML
- Engrossed in House (03/17/2021)PDF
- Received in Senate (03/18/2021)HTML
- Received in Senate (03/18/2021)PDF
- Enrolled BillHTML
- Enrolled BillPDF
- Senate Amendment S.Amdt.2121 by Sen. Toomey, Patrick (07/20/21 Amendment SA 2121, as modified, not agreed to in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 40 - 60. Record Vote Number: 271. (All Actions)) -- To ensure adequate funding in the Crime Victims Fund is disbursed to victims, their families, and their advocates each year.HTML