IntroducedJan 15, 2021
Passed HouseJan 21, 2021
Signed into LawJan 22, 2021
To provide for an exception to a limitation against appointment of persons as Secretary of Defense within seven years of relief from active duty as a regular commissioned officer of the Armed Forces.
executive • Jan 22, 2021: Became Public Law No: 117-1. (TXT | PDF)
Latest bill text
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Adam Smithprimary
(D - Representative for District 9 in WA)
- Jan 22, 2021 | executive
- Signed by President.
- Became Public Law No: 117-1. (TXT | PDF)
- Jan 21, 2021 | House
- Presented to President.
- Jan 21, 2021 | Senate
- Received in the Senate, read twice, considered, read the third time, and passed (under the order of 1/21/21, having achieved 60 votes in the affirmative) without amendment by Yea-Nay Vote. 69 - 27. Record Vote Number: 4. (consideration: CR S86-87)
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
- Jan 21, 2021 | House
- ORDER OF PROCEDURE - Mr. McGovern asked for unanimous consent that it be in order at any time to consider H.R. 335 in the House if called up by the chair of the Committee on Armed Services or his designee; that all points of order against consideration of the bill be waived; that the bill be considered as read; that all points of order against provisions in the bill be waiverd; and that the previous question be considered as ordered on the bill and on any amendment thereto to final passage without intervening motion except: (1) one hour of debate equally divided and controlled by the chair and ranking minority member of the Committee on Armed Services or their respective designees; and (2) one motion to recommit. Agreed to without objection.
- Consideration initiated pursuant to a previous order.
- Considered pursuant to a previous order. (consideration: CR H209-219)
- DEBATE - Pursuant to a previous special order, the House proceeded with one hour of debate on H.R. 335.
- The previous question was ordered pursuant to a previous order of the House.
- On passage Passed by the Yeas and Nays: 326 - 78 (Roll no. 18). (text: CR H210)
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- Jan 15, 2021 | House
- Introduced in House
- Referred to the House Committee on Armed Services.