IntroducedJan 25, 2023
Signed into Law
Freedom for Health Care Workers Act
Last Action See all actions
Senate • Feb 01, 2023: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.
Latest Bill Text See all bill texts
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
Comments on HR 497
- Jeff Duncanprimary
(R - Representative for District 3 in SC)
- Rep. McMorris Rodgers, Cathy
- Thomas Massiecosponsor
(R - Representative for District 4 in KY)
- Rep. Rosendale Sr., Matthew M.
- Rep. Weber, Randy K., Sr.
- Rep. Timmons, William R. IV
- Rep. Ferguson, A. Drew, IV
- Rep. D'Esposito, Anthony
- Feb 01, 2023 | Senate
- Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.
- Jan 31, 2023 | House
- Rules Committee Resolution H. Res. 75 Reported to House. Rule provides for consideration of H.J. Res. 7, H.R. 139, H.R. 382 and H.R. 497. All bills are considered under a closed rule with one hour of general debate and one motion to recommit.
- Rule H. Res. 75 passed House.
- Considered under the provisions of rule H. Res. 75. (consideration: CR H539-551)
- Rule provides for consideration of H.J. Res. 7, H.R. 139, H.R. 382 and H.R. 497. All bills are considered under a closed rule with one hour of general debate and one motion to recommit.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on H.R. 497.
- The previous question was ordered pursuant to the rule.
- Ms. Jacobs moved to recommit to the Committee on Energy and Commerce. (text: CR H548-551)
- The previous question on the motion to recommit was ordered pursuant to clause 2(b) of rule XIX.
- POSTPONED PROCEEDINGS - At the conclusion of debate on H.R. 497, the Chair put the question on the motion to recommit and by voice vote, announced that the noes had prevailed. Mr. Pallone demanded the yeas and nays and the Chair postponed further proceedings until a time to be announced.
- Considered as unfinished business. (consideration: CR H551-553)
- On motion to recommit Failed by the Yeas and Nays: 210 - 219 (Roll no. 97).
- Passed/agreed to in House: On passage Passed by recorded vote: 227 - 203 (Roll no. 98).(text: CR H539)
- On passage Passed by recorded vote: 227 - 203 (Roll no. 98). (text: CR H539)
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- Jan 25, 2023 | House
- Introduced in House
- Referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committee on Ways and Means, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.