IntroducedJan 09, 2023
Signed into Law
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Ann Wagnerprimary
(R - Representative for District 2 in MO)
- Steve Scalisecosponsor
(R - Representative for District 1 in LA)
- Kat Cammackcosponsor
(R - Representative for District 3 in FL)
- Rep. Rogers, Mike D.
- Rep. Murphy, Gregory
- Rep. Timmons, William R. IV
- Rep. Weber, Randy K., Sr.
- Rep. Issa, Darrell E.
- Rep. Ferguson, A. Drew, IV
- Rep. Rosendale Sr., Matthew M.
- Rep. McMorris Rodgers, Cathy
- Jan 25, 2023 | Senate
- Read the second time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 2.
- Jan 23, 2023 | Senate
- Received in the Senate. Read the first time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under Read the First Time.
- Jan 11, 2023 | House
- Considered under the provisions of rule H. Res. 5. (consideration: CR H178-190)
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on H.R. 26.
- The previous question was ordered pursuant to the rule.
- Ms. DeGette moved to recommit to the Committee on the Judiciary. (text: CR H187-190)
- The previous question on the motion to recommit was ordered pursuant to clause 2(b) of rule XIX.
- POSTPONED PROCEEDINGS - At the conclusion of debate on H.R. 26, the Chair put the question on passage of the motion to recommit and by voice vote, announced that the nays had prevailed. Ms. DeGette demanded the yeas and nays and the Chair postponed further proceedings until a time to be announced.
- Considered as unfinished business. (consideration: CR H190-191)
- On motion to recommit Failed by the Yeas and Nays: 212 - 219 (Roll no. 28).
- Passed/agreed to in House: On passage Passed by the Yeas and Nays: 220 - 210, 1 Present (Roll no. 29).(text: CR H178)
- On passage Passed by the Yeas and Nays: 220 - 210, 1 Present (Roll no. 29). (text: CR H178)
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- Jan 09, 2023 | House
- Introduced in House
- Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.