IntroducedAug 17, 2021
Passed HouseAug 24, 2021
Signed into Law
John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2021
Senate • Sep 14, 2021: Received in the Senate.
Latest bill text
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Sewell, Terri A.
- Nancy Pelosioriginal cosponsor
(D - Representative for District 12 in CA)
- Steny H. Hoyeroriginal cosponsor
(D - Representative for District 5 in MD)
- Kahele, Kaiali'i
- Kuster, Ann M.
- Del. Norton, Eleanor Holmes
- Del. Plaskett, Stacey E.
- Stansbury, Melanie Ann
- Del. Sablan, Gregorio Kilili Camacho
- Del. San Nicolas, Michael F. Q.
- Sep 14, 2021 | Senate
- Received in the Senate.
- Aug 24, 2021 | House
- Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR H4369)
- Considered under the provisions of rule H. Res. 601. (consideration: CR H4384-4415)
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on H.R. 4.
- The previous question was ordered pursuant to the rule.
- Mr. Davis, Rodney moved to recommit to the Committee on the Judiciary. (text: CR H4413)
- The previous question on the motion to recommit was ordered pursuant to clause 2(b) of rule XIX.
- On motion to recommit Failed by the Yeas and Nays: 212 - 218 (Roll no. 259).
- On passage Passed by the Yeas and Nays: 219 - 212 (Roll no. 260). (text: CR H4384-4391)
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- Aug 17, 2021 | House
- Introduced in House
- Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
- Introduced in House (08/17/2021)HTML
- Introduced in House (08/17/2021)PDF
- Engrossed in House (08/24/2021)HTML
- Engrossed in House (08/24/2021)PDF
- House Amendment H.Amdt.96 by House Committee on Rules (Offered 08/24/2021) (08/24/21 On agreeing to the Rules amendment (A001) Agreed to without objection. (All Actions))HTML