IntroducedApr 22, 2021
Passed SenateJun 17, 2021
Signed into LawJul 06, 2021
A bill to amend title 28, United States Code, to redefine the eastern and middle judicial districts of North Carolina.
executive • Jul 06, 2021: Became Public Law No: 117-26. (TXT | PDF)
Latest bill text
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Tillis, Thomas
- Richard Burroriginal cosponsor
(R - Senator for NC)
- Jul 06, 2021 | executive
- Signed by President.
- Became Public Law No: 117-26. (TXT | PDF)
- Jun 28, 2021 | Senate
- Presented to President.
- Jun 23, 2021 | House
- Pursuant to the provisions of H. Res. 486, proceedings on S. 1340 are considered vacated.
- Pursuant to section 11 of H. Res. 486, and the motion offered by Mr. McGovern, the following bills passed under suspension of the rules: H.R. 482; H.R. 704; H.R. 961, as amended; H.R. 1314; H.R. 2571, as amended; H.R. 2679, as amended; H.R. 2694; H.R. 2922, as amended; H.R. 3182; H.R. 3239; H.R. 3241, as amended; H.R. 3723; H.R. 3752; H.R. 3841; S. 409; and S. 1340. (consideration: CR H3026-3052; text: CR H3051)
- Jun 22, 2021 | House
- Ms. Jackson Lee moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill.
- Considered under suspension of the rules. (consideration: CR H2983-2984; text: CR H2983)
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate on S. 1340.
- At the conclusion of debate, the Yeas and Nays were demanded and ordered. Pursuant to the provisions of clause 8, rule XX, the Chair announced that further proceedings on the motion would be postponed.
- Jun 21, 2021 | House
- Received in the House.
- Held at the desk.
- Jun 17, 2021 | Senate
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary discharged by Unanimous Consent. (consideration: CR S4618)
- Passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent. (text: CR S4618)
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
- Apr 22, 2021 | Senate
- Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.