IntroducedMar 18, 2021
Passed SenateApr 27, 2021
Passed HouseSep 28, 2021
Signed into LawOct 13, 2021
Consider Teachers Act of 2021
executive • Oct 13, 2021: Became Public Law No: 117-49.
Latest bill text
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Oct 13, 2021 | executive
- Signed by President.
- Became Public Law No: 117-49.
- Oct 04, 2021 | Senate
- Presented to President.
- Sep 28, 2021 | House
- Considered as unfinished business. (consideration: CR H5496)
- On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: (2/3 required): 406 - 16 (Roll no. 302). (text: CR 7/26/2021 H3851-3852)
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- Jul 26, 2021 | House
- Mr. Scott (VA) moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill.
- Considered under suspension of the rules. (consideration: CR H3851-3854)
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate on S. 848.
- At the conclusion of debate, the Yeas and Nays were demanded and ordered. Pursuant to the provisions of clause 8, rule XX, the Chair announced that further proceedings on the motion would be postponed.
- Apr 28, 2021 | House
- Received in the House.
- Held at the desk.
- Apr 28, 2021 | Senate
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
- Apr 27, 2021 | Senate
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions discharged by Unanimous Consent. (consideration: CR S2246-2247)
- Passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent. (text: CR S2246-2247)
- Mar 18, 2021 | Senate
- Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.