IntroducedMar 11, 2021
Passed HouseJul 29, 2022
Signed into Law
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- David N. Cicillineprimary
(D - Representative for District 1 in RI)
- Alma S. Adamsoriginal cosponsor
(D - Representative for District 12 in NC)
- Pete Aguilaroriginal cosponsor
(D - Representative for District 31 in CA)
- Kuster, Ann M.
- Del. Norton, Eleanor Holmes
- Del. Sablan, Gregorio Kilili Camacho
- Sewell, Terri A.
- Kahele, Kaiali'i
- Stansbury, Melanie Ann
- Del. Plaskett, Stacey E.
- Aug 01, 2022 | Senate
- Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.
- Jul 30, 2022 | House
- The Clerk was authorized to correct section numbers, punctuation, and cross references, and to make other necessary technical and conforming corrections in the engrossment of H.R. 1808.
- Jul 29, 2022 | House
- Rules Committee Resolution H. Res. 1302 Reported to House. Rule provides for consideration of H.R. 1808 with 1 hour of general debate. Motion to recommit allowed. Bill is closed to amendments.
- Rule H. Res. 1302 passed House.
- Considered under the provisions of rule H. Res. 1302. (consideration: CR H7499-7527)
- Rule provides for consideration of H.R. 1808 with 1 hour of general debate. Motion to recommit allowed. Bill is closed to amendments.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on H.R. 1808.
- The previous question was ordered pursuant to the rule.
- Mr. Fitzgerald moved to recommit to the Committee on the Judiciary.
- The previous question on the motion to recommit was ordered pursuant to clause 2(b) of rule XIX.
- On motion to recommit Failed by the Yeas and Nays: 207 - 220 (Roll no. 409).
- On passage Passed by the Yeas and Nays: 217 - 213 (Roll no. 410). (text: CR H7499-7511)
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- Jul 26, 2022 | House
- Reported (Amended) by the Committee on Judiciary. H. Rept. 117-442.
- Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 346.
- Jul 20, 2022 | House
- Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security Discharged.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
- Ordered to be Reported (Amended) by the Yeas and Nays: 25 - 18.
- May 18, 2021 | House
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.
- Mar 11, 2021 | House
- Introduced in House
- Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
- Introduced in House (03/11/2021)HTML
- Introduced in House (03/11/2021)PDF
- Reported in House (07/26/2022)HTML
- Reported in House (07/26/2022)PDF
- Engrossed in House (07/29/2022)HTML
- Engrossed in House (07/29/2022)PDF
- Referred in Senate (08/01/2022)HTML
- Referred in Senate (08/01/2022)PDF
- House Amendment H.Amdt.313 by House Committee on Rules (Offered 07/29/2022) (07/29/22 On agreeing to the Rules amendment (A001) Agreed to by voice vote. (All Actions))HTML