IntroducedFeb 25, 2021
Passed SenateJun 15, 2021
Passed HouseJun 16, 2021
Signed into LawJun 17, 2021
Juneteenth National Independence Day Act
executive • Jun 17, 2021: Became Public Law No: 117-17. (TXT | PDF)
Latest bill text
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Jun 17, 2021 | executive
- Signed by President.
- Became Public Law No: 117-17. (TXT | PDF)
- Jun 17, 2021 | Senate
- Presented to President.
- Jun 16, 2021 | House
- Received in the House.
- Held at the desk.
- Rules Committee Resolution H. Res. 479 Reported to House. Rule provides for consideration of S. 475 with 1 hour of general debate. The resolution provides for one motion to commit.
- Rule H. Res. 479 passed House.
- Considered under the provisions of rule H. Res. 479. (consideration: CR H2863-2872)
- Rule provides for consideration of S. 475 with 1 hour of general debate. The resolution provides for one motion to commit.
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on S. 475.
- The previous question was ordered pursuant to the rule.
- On passage Passed by the Yeas and Nays: 415 - 14 (Roll no. 170). (text: CR H2864)
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- Jun 16, 2021 | Senate
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
- Jun 15, 2021 | Senate
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary discharged by Unanimous Consent. (consideration: CR S4538-4539)
- Passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent. (text: CR S4538-4539)
- Feb 25, 2021 | Senate
- Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.