IntroducedJan 04, 2021
Passed HouseMar 01, 2022
Passed SenateMar 07, 2022
Signed into LawMar 29, 2022
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Bobby L. Rushprimary
(D - Representative for District 1 in IL)
- Anna G. Eshoocosponsor
(D - Representative for District 18 in CA)
- Ilhan Omarcosponsor
(D - Representative for District 5 in MN)
- Del. Norton, Eleanor Holmes
- Sewell, Terri A.
- Kahele, Kaiali'i
- Del. San Nicolas, Michael F. Q.
- Kuster, Ann M.
- Stansbury, Melanie Ann
- Mar 29, 2022 | executive
- Signed by President.
- Became Public Law No: 117-107. (TXT | PDF)
- Mar 28, 2022 | House
- Presented to President.
- Mar 08, 2022 | Senate
- Message on Senate action sent to the House.
- Mar 07, 2022 | Senate
- Passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent. (consideration: CR S1012-1013)
- Mar 01, 2022 | Senate
- Received in the Senate, read twice.
- Mar 01, 2022 | House
- Considered as unfinished business. (consideration: CR H1172)
- On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: (2/3 required): 422 - 3 (Roll no. 47). (text: CR H1166)
- Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- Feb 28, 2022 | House
- Mr. Nadler moved to suspend the rules and pass the bill, as amended.
- Considered under suspension of the rules. (consideration: CR H1166-1169)
- DEBATE - The House proceeded with forty minutes of debate on H.R. 55.
- At the conclusion of debate, the Yeas and Nays were demanded and ordered. Pursuant to the provisions of clause 8, rule XX, the Chair announced that further proceedings on the motion would be postponed.
- Feb 25, 2022 | House
- Reported (Amended) by the Committee on Judiciary. H. Rept. 117-251.
- Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 181.
- Dec 08, 2021 | House
- Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security Discharged.
- Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
- Ordered to be Reported (Amended) by Voice Vote.
- Mar 01, 2021 | House
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.
- Jan 04, 2021 | House
- Introduced in House
- Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
- Introduced in House (01/04/2021)HTML
- Introduced in House (01/04/2021)PDF
- Reported in House (02/25/2022)HTML
- Reported in House (02/25/2022)PDF
- Engrossed in House (02/28/2022)HTML
- Engrossed in House (02/28/2022)PDF
- Received in Senate (03/01/2022)HTML
- Received in Senate (03/01/2022)PDF
- Enrolled BillHTML
- Enrolled BillPDF
- Public Law (03/29/2022)HTML
- Public Law (03/29/2022)PDF