IntroducedAug 18, 2023
Signed into Law
Teachers, Principals and School Personnel - As introduced, authorizes a faculty or staff member of a school to carry a concealed handgun on school grounds subject to certain conditions, including obtaining an enhanced handgun carry permit and completing basic training in school policing. - Amends TCA Section 49-6-815.
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Aug 23, 2023 | House
- Taken off notice for cal. in Civil Justice Committee of 1st Extraordinary Session
- Aug 22, 2023 | House
- P2C, ref. to Civil Justice Committee -- Education Administration
- Assigned to s/c Civil Justice Subcommittee
- Placed on s/c cal Civil Justice Subcommittee for 8/22/2023
- Sponsor(s) Added.
- Rec. for pass by s/c ref. to Civil Justice Committee
- Placed on cal. Civil Justice Committee for 8/23/2023
- Aug 21, 2023 | House
- Intro., P1C.
- Aug 18, 2023 | House
- Filed for introduction