IntroducedAug 17, 2023
Signed into Law
Mental Illness - As introduced, clarifies the meaning of “local law enforcement” for purposes of the required notification to law enforcement by an inpatient mental health treatment facility or hospital that a service recipient has been committed; requires the clerk of court who maintains records of the adjudication as a mental defective or judicial commitment to a mental institution of a Tennessee resident to notify the clerk of court in the county of the person’s permanent residence. - Amends TCA Title 16; Title 18; Title 33 and Title 68.
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Aug 23, 2023 | House
- Taken off notice for cal. in Civil Justice Committee of 1st Extraordinary Session
- Aug 22, 2023 | House
- P2C, ref. to Civil Justice Committee
- Assigned to s/c Civil Justice Subcommittee
- Placed on s/c cal Civil Justice Subcommittee for 8/22/2023
- Rec. for pass by s/c ref. to Civil Justice Committee
- Placed on cal. Civil Justice Committee for 8/23/2023
- Aug 21, 2023 | House
- Sponsor change.
- Intro., P1C.
- Aug 17, 2023 | House
- Filed for introduction