IntroducedMay 17, 2021
Passed SenateJun 18, 2021
Passed HouseJun 18, 2021
Signed into Law
SP 525, An Act To Enhance Enforcement Of Employment Laws
Senate • Jul 19, 2021: Placed in Legislative Files (DEAD)
Latest bill text
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Jul 19, 2021 | Senate
- LD 1711 In Senate, July 19, 2021, this Bill, having been returned by the Governor, together with objections to the same pursuant to the provisions of the Constitution of the State of Maine, after reconsideration, the Senate proceeded to vote on the question: "Shall this Bill become a law notwithstanding the objections of the Governor?" 19 and 15, accordingly it was the vote of the Senate that the Bill not become law and the VETO was SUSTAINED.
- Placed in Legislative Files (DEAD)
- Jun 30, 2021 | Senate
- PASSED TO BE ENACTED, in concurrence.
- Jun 30, 2021 | House
- PASSED TO BE ENACTED.
- ROLL CALL NO. 405
- (Yeas 79 - Nays 65 - Absent 7 - Excused 0)
- Sent for concurrence. ORDERED SENT FORTHWITH.
- Jun 18, 2021 | House
- Reports READ.
- On motion of Representative SYLVESTER of Portland, the Majority Ought to Pass as Amended Report was ACCEPTED.
- ROLL CALL NO. 385
- (Yeas 74 - Nays 55 - Absent 22 - Excused 0)
- The Bill was READ ONCE.
- Committee Amendment "A" (S-347) was READ and ADOPTED.
- Senate Amendment "A" (S-350) was READ and ADOPTED.
- Under suspension of the rules, the Bill was given its SECOND READING without REFERENCE to the Committee on Bills in the Second Reading.
- The Bill was PASSED TO BE ENGROSSED as Amended by Committee Amendment "A" (S-347) and Senate Amendment "A" (S-350)
- In concurrence. ORDERED SENT FORTHWITH.
- Jun 18, 2021 | Senate
- Reports READ
- On motion by Senator HICKMAN of Kennebec The Majority Ought to Pass As Amended Report ACCEPTED
- Roll Call Ordered Roll Call Number 453 Yeas 21 - Nays 13 - Excused 1 - Absent 0
- READ ONCE
- Committee Amendment "A" (S-347) READ and ADOPTED
- On motion by Senator BAILEY of York Senate Amendment "A" (S-350) READ and ADOPTED
- Under suspension of the Rules, READ A SECOND TIME and PASSED TO BE ENGROSSED AS AMENDED by Committee Amendment "A" (S-347) and Senate Amendment "A" (S-350)
- Sent down for concurrence
- May 17, 2021 | Senate
- Received by the Secretary of the Senate on May 17, 2021 and REFERRED to the Committee on LABOR AND HOUSING pursuant to Joint Rule 308.2