IntroducedApr 12, 2021
Passed HouseJun 15, 2021
Passed SenateJun 15, 2021
Signed into LawJun 23, 2021
HP 1095, An Act Regarding The Review Of Law Enforcement Use Of Deadly Force
executive • Jun 23, 2021: Signed by Governor
Latest bill text
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Jun 23, 2021 | executive
- Signed by Governor
- Jun 17, 2021 | Senate
- PASSED TO BE ENACTED, in concurrence.
- Jun 17, 2021 | House
- PASSED TO BE ENACTED.
- Sent for concurrence. ORDERED SENT FORTHWITH.
- Jun 15, 2021 | Senate
- Reports READ
- On motion by Senator CARNEY of Cumberland The Majority Ought to Pass As Amended Report ACCEPTED
- READ ONCE
- Committee Amendment "A" (H-601) READ and ADOPTED
- Under suspension of the Rules, READ A SECOND TIME and PASSED TO BE ENGROSSED AS AMENDED by Committee Amendment "A" (H-601) in concurrence
- Jun 15, 2021 | House
- Speaker laid before the House
- Representative HARNETT of Gardiner moved to ACCEPT the Majority Ought to Pass as Amended Report.
- Representative HAGGAN of Hampden REQUESTED a Roll Call. More than one-fifth of the members present expressed a desire for a roll call, which was ORDERED.
- Subsequently, Representative HAGGAN of Hampden WITHDREW his REQUEST for a Roll Call.
- Subsequently, the Majority Ought to Pass as Amended Report was ACCEPTED.
- The Bill was READ ONCE.
- Committee Amendment "A" (H-601) was READ.
- On motion of Representative HAGGAN of Hampden, House Amendment "A" (H-634) to Committee Amendment "A" (H-601) was READ and FAILED ADOPTION.
- ROLL CALL NO. 290
- (Yeas 55 - Nays 83 - Absent 13 - Excused 0)
- Subsequently, Committee Amendment "A" (H-601) was ADOPTED.
- Under suspension of the rules, the Bill was given its SECOND READING without REFERENCE to the Committee on Bills in the Second Reading.
- The Bill was PASSED TO BE ENGROSSED as Amended by Committee Amendment "A" (H-601)
- Sent for concurrence.
- ORDERED SENT FORTHWITH.
- Jun 14, 2021 | House
- Reports READ.
- On motion of Representative HARNETT of Gardiner, TABLED pending ACCEPTANCE of Either Report.
- Later today assigned.
- Apr 12, 2021 | House
- Received by the Clerk of the House on April 12, 2021.
- The Bill was REFERRED to the Committee on JUDICIARY pursuant to Joint Rule 308.2 and ordered printed pursuant to Joint Rule 401.