IntroducedJan 25, 2021
Passed SenateJun 07, 2021
Passed HouseJun 08, 2021
Signed into Law
SP 91, Resolution, Proposing An Amendment To The Constitution Of Maine To Implement Ranked-Choice Voting
Senate • Jul 19, 2021: CARRIED OVER, in the same posture, to any special or regular session of the 130th Legislature, pursuant to Joint Order HP 1302
Latest bill text
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Jul 19, 2021 | Senate
- CARRIED OVER, in the same posture, to any special or regular session of the 130th Legislature, pursuant to Joint Order HP 1302
- Jun 09, 2021 | Senate
- On motion by Senator BREEN of Cumberland PLACED ON THE SPECIAL APPROPRIATIONS TABLE pending FINAL PASSAGE - 2/3 Present Required, in NON-CONCURRENCE.
- Jun 08, 2021 | House
- Reports READ.
- On motion of Representative CAIAZZO of Scarborough, the Majority Ought to Pass as Amended Report was ACCEPTED.
- ROLL CALL NO. 171
- (Yeas 77 - Nays 65 - Absent 9 - Excused 0)
- The RESOLUTION was READ ONCE.
- Committee Amendment "A" (S-172) was READ and ADOPTED.
- Under suspension of the rules, the RESOLUTION was given its SECOND READING without REFERENCE to the Committee on Bills in the Second Reading.
- The RESOLUTION was PASSED TO BE ENGROSSED as Amended by Committee Amendment "A" (S-172).
- In concurrence. ORDERED SENT FORTHWITH.
- This being a Constitutional Amendment, in accordance with the provisions of Section 4 of Article X of the Constitution, a two-thirds vote of the membership of the House present was necessary.
- FAILED FINAL PASSAGE.
- Sent for concurrence. ORDERED SENT FORTHWITH.
- Jun 07, 2021 | Senate
- Reports READ
- On motion by Senator LUCHINI of Hancock The Majority Ought to Pass As Amended Report ACCEPTED
- Roll Call Ordered Roll Call Number 229 Yeas 21 - Nays 12 - Excused 2 - Absent 0
- READ ONCE
- Committee Amendment "A" (S-172) READ and ADOPTED
- Under suspension of the Rules, READ A SECOND TIME and PASSED TO BE ENGROSSED AS AMENDED by Committee Amendment "A" (S-172)
- Sent down for concurrence
- Mar 30, 2021 | Senate
- CARRIED OVER, in the same posture, to a subsequent special or regular session of the 130th Legislature, pursuant to Joint Order SP 435.
- Jan 25, 2021 | Senate
- Received by the Secretary of the Senate on January 25, 2021 and REFERRED to the Committee on VETERANS AND LEGAL AFFAIRS pursuant to Joint Rule 308.2