IntroducedJan 19, 2021
Passed SenateJun 07, 2021
Passed HouseJun 09, 2021
Signed into Law
SP 58, An Act To Prohibit The Aerial Spraying Of Glyphosate And Other Synthetic Herbicides For The Purpose Of Silviculture
Senate • Jun 30, 2021: Placed in Legislative Files (DEAD)
Latest bill text
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Jun 30, 2021 | Senate
- LD 125 In Senate, June 30, 2021, this Bill, having been returned by the Governor, together with objections to the same pursuant to the provisions of the Constitution of the State of Maine, after reconsideration, the Senate proceeded to vote on the question: "Shall this Bill become a law notwithstanding the objections of the Governor?" 18 and 16, accordingly it was the vote of the Senate that the Bill not become law and the VETO was SUSTAINED.
- Placed in Legislative Files (DEAD)
- Jun 14, 2021 | Senate
- PASSED TO BE ENACTED, in concurrence.
- Jun 10, 2021 | House
- PASSED TO BE ENACTED.
- Sent for concurrence. ORDERED SENT FORTHWITH.
- Jun 09, 2021 | House
- Speaker laid before the House
- On motion of Representative O'NEIL of Saco, the Minority Ought to Pass as Amended Report was ACCEPTED.
- ROLL CALL NO. 210
- (Yeas 77 - Nays 53 - Absent 21 - Excused 0)
- The Bill was READ ONCE.
- Committee Amendment "B" (S-185) was READ and ADOPTED.
- Under suspension of the rules, the Bill was given its SECOND READING without REFERENCE to the Committee on Bills in the Second Reading.
- The Bill was PASSED TO BE ENGROSSED as Amended by Committee Amendment "B" (S-185).
- In concurrence. ORDERED SENT FORTHWITH.
- Jun 08, 2021 | House
- Reports READ.
- On motion of Representative O'NEIL of Saco, TABLED pending ACCEPTANCE of Either Report.
- Later today assigned.
- Jun 07, 2021 | Senate
- Reports READ
- On motion by Senator DILL of Penobscot The Majority Ought to Pass As Amended by Committee Amendment "A" (S-184) Report FAILED
- Roll Call Ordered Roll Call Number 225 Yeas 14 - Nays 19 - Excused 2 - Absent 0
- Subsequently The Minority Ought to Pass As Amended by Committee Amendment "B" (S-185) Report ACCEPTED
- READ ONCE
- Committee Amendment "B" (S-185) READ and ADOPTED
- Under suspension of the Rules, READ A SECOND TIME and PASSED TO BE ENGROSSED AS AMENDED by Committee Amendment "B" (S-185)
- Sent down for concurrence
- Mar 30, 2021 | Senate
- CARRIED OVER, in the same posture, to a subsequent special or regular session of the 130th Legislature, pursuant to Joint Order SP 435.
- Jan 19, 2021 | Senate
- Received by the Secretary of the Senate on January 19, 2021 and REFERRED to the Committee on AGRICULTURE, CONSERVATION AND FORESTRY pursuant to Joint Rule 308.2