IntroducedMar 31, 2023
Passed HouseMay 23, 2023
Signed into Law
CONTRACTS: Provides for a prohibition against foreign adversary purchasing, leasing, or acquiring land (RE1 GF EX See Note)
Last Action See all actions
Senate • May 25, 2023: Read second time by title and referred to the Committee on Judiciary A.
Latest Bill Text See all bill texts
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
Comments on HB 537
- Valarie Hodgesprimary
(R - 64)
- Beryl A. Amedéecosponsor
(R - 51)
- Rick Edmondscosponsor
(R - 66)
- Mr. Speaker
- Owen, C.
- Owen, R.
- Carter, R.
- Johnson, M.
- St. Blanc
- Miller, G.
- Miller, D.
- Carter, W.
- May 25, 2023 | Senate
- Read second time by title and referred to the Committee on Judiciary A.
- May 24, 2023 | Senate
- Received in the Senate. Read first time by title and placed on the Calendar for a second reading.
- May 23, 2023 | House
- Read third time by title, amended, roll called on final passage, yeas 76, nays 24. Finally passed, title adopted, ordered to the Senate.
- May 18, 2023 | House
- Scheduled for floor debate on 05/23/2023.
- May 17, 2023 | House
- Read by title, amended, ordered engrossed, passed to 3rd reading.
- May 16, 2023 | House
- Reported with amendments (11-1-1).
- Apr 10, 2023 | House
- Read by title, under the rules, referred to the Committee on Civil Law and Procedure.
- Apr 03, 2023 | House
- First appeared in the Interim Calendar on 4/3/2023.
- Mar 31, 2023 | House
- Under the rules, provisionally referred to the Committee on Civil Law and Procedure.
- HB537 OriginalPDF
- HB537 EngrossedPDF
- HB537 ReengrossedPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #2850, CL&P, DraftPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #2856, CL&P, DraftPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #2871, CL&P, DraftPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #2933, CL&P, AdoptedPDF
- House Floor Legislative Bureau Amendment, #1834, Horton, AdoptedPDF
- House Floor Amendment, #3352, Hodges, AdoptedPDF
- House Floor Amendment, #3397, Miller, G., AdoptedPDF
- House Floor Amendment, #3440, Bacala, AdoptedPDF
- House Floor Amendment, #3455, Magee, AdoptedPDF
- Senate Committee Amendment, #2389, JUDA, DraftPDF
- Senate Committee Amendment, #2441, JUDA, DraftPDF