IntroducedOct 05, 2020
Passed SenateOct 15, 2020
Passed HouseOct 21, 2020
Signed into LawNov 05, 2020
EMPLOYMENT: Provides for the rehiring of nonlicensed persons by certain health care providers required to temporarily close during a public health emergency. (gov sig) (Item #28)
Senate • Nov 05, 2020: Effective date 11/5/2020.
Latest bill text
Official Summary/Bill Text
Do you support this bill?
- Patrick McMathprimary
(R - 11)
- Nov 05, 2020 | Senate
- Signed by the Governor. Becomes Act No. 57.
- Effective date 11/5/2020.
- Oct 23, 2020 | Senate
- Sent to the Governor by the Secretary of the Senate.
- Oct 23, 2020 | House
- Signed by the Speaker of the House.
- Oct 22, 2020 | Senate
- Rules suspended. Amendments proposed by the House read and concurred in by a vote of 35 yeas and 0 nays.
- Enrolled. Signed by the President of the Senate.
- Oct 21, 2020 | Senate
- Received from the House with amendments.
- Oct 21, 2020 | House
- Read third time by title, roll called on final passage, yeas 90, nays 0. Finally passed, ordered to the Senate.
- Oct 20, 2020 | House
- Reported with amendments (13-0). Referred to the Legislative Bureau.
- Reported without Legislative Bureau amendments.
- Rules suspended.
- Read by title, amended, passed to 3rd reading.
- Scheduled for floor debate on 10/21/20.
- Oct 15, 2020 | House
- Received in the House from the Senate, rules suspended, read by title, referred to the Committee on Health and Welfare.
- Oct 15, 2020 | Senate
- Called from the Calendar.
- Read by title, passed by a vote of 32 yeas and 0 nays, and sent to the House. Motion to reconsider tabled.
- Oct 13, 2020 | Senate
- Read by title and returned to the Calendar, subject to call.
- Oct 12, 2020 | Senate
- Reported with amendments. Rules suspended. Read by title; Committee amendments read and adopted. Ordered engrossed and passed to third reading and final passage.
- Oct 05, 2020 | Senate
- Introduced in the Senate; read by title. Rules suspended. Read second time and referred to the Committee on Health and Welfare.
- SB53 OriginalPDF
- SB53 EngrossedPDF
- SB53 EnrolledPDF
- SB53 Act 57PDF
- Senate Committee Amendment, #283, H&W, DraftPDF
- Senate Committee Amendment, #377, H&W, AdoptedPDF
- Senate Floor Amendment, #433, McMath, WithdrawnPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #598, H&W, DraftPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #651, H&W, AdoptedPDF