IntroducedSep 30, 2020
Passed SenateOct 12, 2020
Passed HouseOct 20, 2020
Signed into Law
COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES: Constitutional amendment to authorize the governor to appoint persons who reside out-of-state as certain at-large members of public postsecondary education boards of supervisors. (2/3 - CA13s1(A)) (Item #42)
Senate • Oct 29, 2020: Effective date: See Act.
Latest bill text
Official Summary/Bill Text
Do you support this bill?
- Oct 29, 2020 | Senate
- Becomes Act No. 10
- Effective date: See Act.
- Oct 23, 2020 | Senate
- Sent to the Secretary of State by the Secretary of the Senate.
- Oct 23, 2020 | House
- Signed by the Speaker of the House.
- Oct 22, 2020 | Senate
- Enrolled. Signed by the President of the Senate.
- Oct 21, 2020 | Senate
- Amendments proposed by the House read and concurred in by a vote of 35 yeas and 0 nays.
- Oct 20, 2020 | Senate
- Received from the House with amendments.
- Oct 20, 2020 | House
- Read third time by title, amended, roll called on final passage, yeas 97, nays 0. The bill, having received two-thirds vote of the elected members, was finally passed, ordered to the Senate.
- Oct 19, 2020 | House
- Discharged from the Committee on Civil Law and Procedure.
- Referred to the Legislative Bureau.
- Reported without Legislative Bureau amendments.
- Rules suspended.
- Read by title, passed to 3rd reading.
- Scheduled for floor debate on 10/20/20.
- Oct 15, 2020 | House
- Read by title, amended, recommitted to the Committee on Civil Law and Procedure.
- Oct 14, 2020 | House
- Reported with amendments (9-0). To be recommitted to the Committee on Civil Law and Procedure.
- Oct 13, 2020 | House
- Received in the House from the Senate, rules suspended, read by title, referred to the Committee on Education.
- Oct 12, 2020 | Senate
- Senate floor amendments read and adopted. Read by title and passed by a vote of 33 yeas and 0 nays; ordered reengrossed and sent to the House. Motion to reconsider tabled.
- Oct 07, 2020 | Senate
- Reported favorably. Rules suspended. Read by title; ordered engrossed and passed to third reading and final passage.
- Sep 30, 2020 | Senate
- Rules suspended. Introduced in the Senate; read by title. Rules suspended. Read second time and referred to the Committee on Education.
- SB44 OriginalPDF
- SB44 EngrossedPDF
- SB44 ReengrossedPDF
- SB44 EnrolledPDF
- SB44 Act PDF
- Senate Floor Legislative Bureau Amendment, #394, Mills, Fred, AdoptedPDF
- Senate Floor Amendment, #438, Fields, AdoptedPDF
- Senate Floor Amendment, #468, White, B, AdoptedPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #500, EDUC, DraftPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #536, EDUC, AdoptedPDF
- House Floor Amendment, #627, Miller, G., AdoptedPDF