IntroducedSep 29, 2020
Passed HouseOct 13, 2020
Passed SenateOct 22, 2020
Signed into Law
ELECTIONS: Provides for prohibition of using private funds for any part of our election system (Item #5)
House • Oct 27, 2020: Vetoed by the Governor.
Latest bill text
Official Summary/Bill Text
Do you support this bill?
- Oct 27, 2020 | House
- Vetoed by the Governor.
- Oct 23, 2020 | House
- Sent to the Governor for executive approval.
- Oct 23, 2020 | Senate
- Signed by the President of the Senate.
- Oct 23, 2020 | House
- Read by title, roll called, yeas 66, nays 28, Senate amendments concurred in.
- Enrolled and signed by the Speaker of the House.
- Oct 22, 2020 | House
- Received from the Senate with amendments.
- Scheduled for concurrence on 10/23/20.
- Oct 22, 2020 | Senate
- Rules suspended. Senate floor amendments read and adopted. Read by title, passed by a vote of 25 yeas and 12 nays, and ordered returned to the House. Motion to reconsider tabled.
- Oct 21, 2020 | Senate
- Reported favorably. Rules suspended. Read by title and referred to the Legislative Bureau.
- Reported without Legislative Bureau amendments. Read by title and passed to third reading and final passage.
- Oct 14, 2020 | Senate
- Received in the Senate; read by title Rules suspended. Read second time by title and referred to the Committee on Senate and Governmental Affairs.
- Oct 13, 2020 | House
- Read third time by title, amended, roll called on final passage, yeas 68, nays 28. Finally passed, title adopted, ordered to the Senate.
- Oct 12, 2020 | House
- Read by title, amended, ordered engrossed, passed to 3rd reading.
- Scheduled for floor debate on 10/13/20.
- Oct 07, 2020 | House
- Reported with amendments (7-5).
- Sep 29, 2020 | House
- Read by title, rules suspended, referred to the Committee on House and Governmental Affairs.
- HB51 OriginalPDF
- HB51 EngrossedPDF
- HB51 ReengrossedPDF
- HB51 EnrolledPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #389, H&G, DraftPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #391, H&G, DraftPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #393, H&G, AdoptedPDF
- House Floor Amendment, #428, Miguez, AdoptedPDF
- House Floor Amendment, #497, Ivey, AdoptedPDF
- Senate Floor Amendment, #890, Ward, AdoptedPDF
- Senate Floor Amendment, #897, Peacock, AdoptedPDF
- Senate Floor Amendment, #902, Ward, RejectedPDF