IntroducedSep 28, 2020
Passed HouseOct 06, 2020
Passed SenateOct 19, 2020
Signed into LawOct 28, 2020
TAX/SALES-USE-EXEMPT: Establishes a sales tax holiday to provide relief for recovery as a result of Hurricane Laura and the COVID-19 pandemic (Item #26) (EN -$4,500,000 GF RV See Note)
House • Oct 28, 2020: Effective date: 10/28/2020.
Latest bill text
Official Summary/Bill Text
Do you support this bill?
- Oct 28, 2020 | House
- Signed by the Governor. Becomes Act No. 16.
- Effective date: 10/28/2020.
- Oct 23, 2020 | House
- Sent to the Governor for executive approval.
- Oct 21, 2020 | Senate
- Signed by the President of the Senate.
- Oct 21, 2020 | House
- Enrolled and signed by the Speaker of the House.
- Oct 20, 2020 | House
- Received from the Senate with amendments.
- Rules suspended.
- Read by title, roll called, yeas 86, nays 0, Senate amendments concurred in.
- Oct 19, 2020 | Senate
- The amended bill was read by title, passed by a vote of 34 yeas and 0 nays, and ordered returned to the House. Motion to reconsider tabled.
- Oct 14, 2020 | Senate
- Rules suspended. Reported with amendments. Rules suspended. Committee amendments read and adopted. Read by title and referred to the Legislative Bureau.
- Reported without Legislative Bureau amendments. Read by title and passed to third reading and final passage.
- Oct 07, 2020 | Senate
- Received in the Senate; read by title Rules suspended. Read second time by title and referred to the Committee on Revenue and Fiscal Affairs.
- Oct 06, 2020 | House
- Read third time by title, amended, roll called on final passage, yeas 92, nays 0. Finally passed, title adopted, ordered to the Senate.
- Oct 05, 2020 | House
- Reported with amendments (11-0).
- Rules suspended.
- Read by title, amended, ordered engrossed, passed to 3rd reading.
- Scheduled for floor debate on 10/06/20.
- Sep 28, 2020 | House
- Read by title, rules suspended, referred to the Committee on Ways and Means.
- HB26 OriginalPDF
- HB26 EngrossedPDF
- HB26 ReengrossedPDF
- HB26 EnrolledPDF
- HB26 Act 16PDF
- House Committee Amendment, #252, W&M, DraftPDF
- House Committee Amendment, #311, W&M, AdoptedPDF
- House Floor Amendment, #353, Schexnayder, AdoptedPDF
- Senate Committee Amendment, #552, R&F, DraftPDF
- Senate Committee Amendment, #581, R&F, AdoptedPDF
- Digest of HB26 OriginalPDF
- Digest of HB26 EngrossedPDF
- Digest of HB26 ReengrossedPDF
- Senate Green Sheet Digest for HB26PDF
- Summary of Senate Amendments to HB26PDF
- Resume Digest for HB26PDF
- Fiscal Note - HB26 OriginalPDF
- Fiscal Note - HB26 EngrossedPDF
- Fiscal Note - HB26 ReEngrossedPDF
- Fiscal Note - HB26 ReEngrossed With Senate Cmte AmendmentsPDF
- Fiscal Note - HB26 EnrolledPDF