IntroducedFeb 25, 2020
Passed SenateMay 19, 2020
Passed HouseMay 29, 2020
Signed into Law
INSURERS: Prohibits insurance contracts from depriving courts of this state or venue of action against insurer. (8/1/20)
House • May 29, 2020: Read third time by title, roll called on final passage, yeas 95, nays 0. Finally passed, ordered to the Senate.
Latest bill text
Official Summary/Bill Text
Do you support this bill?
- W. Jay Luneauprimary
(D - 29)
- May 29, 2020 | House
- Read by title, returned to the calendar.
- Called from the calendar.
- Read third time by title, roll called on final passage, yeas 95, nays 0. Finally passed, ordered to the Senate.
- May 27, 2020 | House
- Reported favorably (10-0). Referred to the Legislative Bureau.
- Reported without Legislative Bureau amendments.
- Rules suspended.
- Read by title, passed to 3rd reading.
- Scheduled for floor debate on 05/29/20.
- May 20, 2020 | House
- Received in the House from the Senate, rules suspended, read by title, referred to the Committee on Insurance.
- May 19, 2020 | Senate
- Called from the Calendar.
- Senate floor amendments read and adopted. Read by title and passed by a vote of 35 yeas and 0 nays; ordered reengrossed and sent to the House. Motion to reconsider tabled.
- May 18, 2020 | Senate
- Read by title and returned to the Calendar, subject to call.
- May 14, 2020 | Senate
- Reported favorably. Rules suspended. Read by title; ordered engrossed and passed to third reading and final passage.
- Mar 09, 2020 | Senate
- Introduced in the Senate; read by title. Rules suspended. Read second time and referred to the Committee on Insurance.
- Feb 25, 2020 | Senate
- Prefiled and under the rules provisionally referred to the Committee on Insurance.