IntroducedJan 22, 2020
Passed HouseMay 15, 2020
Passed SenateMay 27, 2020
Signed into Law
RETIREMENT/TEACHERS: Provides relative to the rehire of retired teachers in the Teachers' Retirement System of Louisiana as substitute classroom teachers (EGF INCREASE APV)
House • May 28, 2020: Scheduled for concurrence on 05/29/20.
Latest bill text
Official Summary/Bill Text
Do you support this bill?
- May 28, 2020 | House
- Received from the Senate with amendments.
- Scheduled for concurrence on 05/29/20.
- May 27, 2020 | Senate
- Senate floor amendments read and adopted. Read by title, passed by a vote of 35 yeas and 0 nays, and ordered returned to the House. Motion to reconsider tabled.
- May 26, 2020 | Senate
- Committee amendments read and adopted. Read by title and referred to the Legislative Bureau.
- Reported without Legislative Bureau amendments. Read by title and passed to third reading and final passage.
- May 25, 2020 | Senate
- Reported with amendments.
- May 18, 2020 | Senate
- Received in the Senate; read by title Rules suspended. Read second time by title and referred to the Committee on Retirement.
- May 15, 2020 | House
- Read third time by title, roll called on final passage, yeas 94, nays 0. The bill, having received two-thirds vote of the elected members, was finally passed, title adopted, ordered to the Senate.
- May 13, 2020 | House
- Read by title, amended, ordered engrossed, passed to 3rd reading.
- Scheduled for floor debate on 05/15/20.
- May 07, 2020 | House
- Reported with amendments (8-0).
- Mar 09, 2020 | House
- Read by title, under the rules, referred to the Committee on Retirement.
- Jan 24, 2020 | House
- First appeared in the Interim Calendar on 1/24/2020.
- Jan 22, 2020 | House
- Under the rules, provisionally referred to the Committee on Retirement.
- Digest of HB8 OriginalPDF
- Digest of HB8 EngrossedPDF
- Senate Green Sheet Digest for HB8PDF
- Summary of Senate Amendments to HB8PDF
- Actuarial Note - HB8 OriginalPDF
- Actuarial Note - HB8 EngrossedPDF
- Actuarial Note - HB8 Engrossed With Senate Cmte AmendmentsPDF
- Actuarial Note - HB8 Engrossed With Senate Floor AmendmentsPDF