IntroducedMay 03, 2023
Signed into Law
A bill for an act relating to and making appropriations to the education system, including the funding and operation of the department for the blind, the department of education, and the state board of regents; requiring the state board of regents to conduct a study and prepare a report related to diversity, equity, and inclusion programs and efforts; providing for responsibilities of the workforce development board; establishing the Iowa workforce grant and incentive program; requiring the department of education to convene a task force on at-risk students and dropout prevention programs; modifying provisions related to the future ready Iowa skilled workforce grant program, the all Iowa opportunity scholarship program, the education savings account program, the gap tuition assistance program, the Iowa educational services for the blind and visually impaired program, career and technical education programs, the fine arts beginning teacher mentoring program, the equipment replacement and program-sharing property tax levy, and the posting of education-related job openings; and including effective date, applicability, and retroactive applicability provisions.(Formerly HSB 254.)
Last Action See all actions
House • May 03, 2023: NOBA: House Full Approps
Latest Bill Text See all bill texts
Companion bills: SF 560
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
Comments on HF 731
- COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS
- Jeff TaylorFloor Manager
(R - 2)
- Carter F. NordmanFloor Manager
(R - 47)
- May 03, 2023 | House
- Introduced, placed on Appropriations calendar.
- Unanimous consent for immediate consideration.
- Amendment H-1365 filed, adopted.
- Amendment H-1354 filed, ruled out of order.
- SF 560 substituted.
- NOBA: House Full Approps
- House Amendment H-1354 (filed, ruled out of order) -- KURTH of Scott, 2023-05-03PDF
- House Amendment H-1354 (filed, ruled out of order) -- KURTH of Scott, 2023-05-03HTML
- House Amendment H-1365 (filed, adopted) -- NORDMAN of Guthrie, 2023-05-03PDF
- House Amendment H-1365 (filed, adopted) -- NORDMAN of Guthrie, 2023-05-03HTML