IntroducedJan 20, 2021
Signed into Law
A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the State of Iowa to protect life by declaring that the Constitution of the State of Iowa shall not be construed to recognize, grant, or secure a right to abortion or to require the public funding of abortion.
Senate • Apr 06, 2021: Withdrawn.
Latest bill text
Official Summary/Bill Text
Do you support this bill?
- Apr 06, 2021 | Senate
- Amendment S-3127 filed, adopted.
- HJR 5 substituted.
- Apr 01, 2021 | Senate
- Placed on calendar under unfinished business.
- Feb 17, 2021 | Senate
- Fiscal note.
- Feb 10, 2021 | Senate
- Committee report, recommending passage.
- Attached to similar HJR 5.
- Feb 01, 2021 | Senate
- Subcommittee recommends passage.
- Jan 27, 2021 | Senate
- Subcommittee Meeting: 02/01/2021 12:00PM 217 Conference Room.
- Jan 26, 2021 | Senate
- Subcommittee: Schultz, Bisignano, and Guth.
- Jan 20, 2021 | Senate
- Introduced, referred to State Government.