IntroducedApr 06, 2023
Signed into Law
Relating to crimes; to amend Sections 13A-10-30, 13A-10-36, 13A-10-37, and 13A-10-38, Code of Alabama 1975, to allow a detention facility to adopt a policy to further define what items constitute "contraband" for purposes of banning certain items from detention facilities; to further define the crimes of promoting contraband in the first, second, and third degree to apply to juveniles under certain circumstances; to make nonsubstantive, technical revisions to update the existing code language to current style; and in connection therewith would have as its purpose or effect the requirement of a new or increased expenditure of local funds within the meaning of Section 111.05 of the Constitution of Alabama of 2022.
Do you support this bill?
Official Summary/Bill Text
- Tim Wadsworthprimary
(R - 14)
- May 31, 2023 | House
- Indefinitely Postpone
- Apr 12, 2023 | House
- Reported Favorably (Public Safety and Homeland Security)
- Reported Out of Committee in House of Origin
- Read Second Time in House of Origin
- Apr 06, 2023 | House
- Read First Time in House of Origin
- Introduced and Referred (Public Safety and Homeland Security)