STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
RS28288 / HCR004
This legislation extends and keeps each of the following emergencies active and open until such time that the
legislature terminates them by way of concurrent resolution(s).
• Emergency declared February 1, 2016, relating to severe winter storms
• Emergency declared April 21, 2017, relating to flooding by rapid snow melt
• Emergency declared May 18, 2017, relating to flooding by heavy rains and snow melt
• Emergency declared October 7, 2017, relating to river flooding by heavy rains and snow melt
• Emergency declared August 27, 2017, relating to spring flooding and snow melt
• Emergency declared June 12, 2019, relating to flooding and soil saturation. These emergency declarations
were declared under the provisions of Section 46-1008, Idaho Code.
There is no expected fiscal impact to the General Fund, nor to any other state or local budgets or agencies
because this legislation keeps in place all funding associated with the emergency declarations in question.
Representative Jason A. Monks
DISCLAIMER: This statement of purpose and fiscal note are a mere attachment to this bill and prepared by a proponent
of the bill. It is neither intended as an expression of legislative intent nor intended for any use outside of the legislative
process, including judicial review (Joint Rule 18).
Statement of Purpose / Fiscal Note Bill SOP/FN INTRODUCED: 01/21/2021, 8:46 AM