This Act revises the requirements for the shape of a Complete Community Enterprise Districts (“District”) to maximize the use of transit, walking, and bicycling by residents and employees. Specifically, this Act does all of the following:
1. Eliminates the minimum size.
2. Requires the District to contain more than 1 parcel and that part of at least 1 parcel be within a ½ mile from a bus or rail stop or station.
3. Requires the District to include adjacent neighborhoods within a ½ mile from a bus or rail stop or station.
4. Prohibits a district from being in the shape of a linear corridor and requires that each parcel of land in the District is zoned to maximize the use of transit, walking, and bicycling.
5. Requires that a District be part of a master development plan that maximizes the use of transit, walking, and bicycling by residents and employees.
This Act also repeals the definition of "isoperimetric quotient" because the term is being removed and replaced with paragraphs (3), (7), and (9) of § 2104 of Title 2, in the revised requirements for a Complete Community Enterprise District.Statutes affected:
Bill Text: 2.2102, 2.2103, 2.2104